How to: Icy Blonde Hair Colour
Colin Caruso, Artistic Director of Professional Hair Color, shows us how to create cool, icy blonde hair using the new Essential Cools from the color XG®.
Get Colin's forumla:
Phase One (starting at a level 5)
the color XG® 8PA (8/81) 0.75 oz. (20 g/ml) +
the color XG® 6PA (6/81) 0.75 oz. (20 g/ml) +
the color XG® 8AA (8/11) 0.5 oz. (15 g/ml) +
20 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer 2 oz. (60 g/ml)
Skylight® 1 scoop +
30 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer 1.5 oz. (45 g/ml)
the color XG® 8PA (8/81) 1 oz. (30 g/ml) +
the color XG® 7PN (7/80) 1 oz. (30 g/ml) +
10 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer 2 oz. (60 g/ml)
the color XG® 10PA (10/81) 2 oz. (60 g/ml) +
5 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer 2 oz. (60 g/ml)
Follow Colin's technique:
1. Apply Formula 1 to the base and feather down to ensure blending at the base.
2. Process for 35 minutes and rinse well. Shampoo with Color Protect® Post Color Shampoo and condition. Dry the hair and prepare for Phase Two.
1. Part the hair down the middle. Starting at the front hairline just above the ear, take a diagonal back V section and hand paint with Formula 1. Continue to hand paint in these diagonal sections, adding lowlight with Formula 2 in every third section for depth. Continue up the head in V sections.
2. Move to the top segment. Beginning in the crown, take horizontal slices and hand paint using Formula 1. Paint the lowlight Formula 2 every three to four sections for dimension.
3. Process for 25 minutes (or until desired lightness is achieved) and rinse well. Shampoo with Color Protect® Post Color Shampoo and towel dry.
4. Apply Formula 3 to damp hair and process for 10 minutes.
5. Lighlty cleanse with Color Protect® Post Color Shampoo and condtion.
To find out more about the Essential Cools collection call our team on 0845 659 0011.