Two Inspiring Bridal Hair Looks from Paul Mitchell®
No wedding-day look is complete without the perfect hair to complement the dress. With so many wedding-worthy beauty looks, it’s hard to pick our favourite. Here, two hair ideas—for the bride who prefers her hair down or is partial to her hair swept back and away—we especially love for this season.
Reimagined Ballerina Bun
Guests wanting a simple up-do will be inspired by a ballerina bun. Turn up the basic with this version, which has more detail and natural texture. For this look, stylist Christie Hofmann takes us through the steps she used to create this elegant, timeless style on her client, Paul Mitchell® Insider Chelsea Scott:
1. Find the perfect base color and strategically place babylights throughout hair.
1 day prior to the wedding…
1. Wash and condition with Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo™ and Conditioner™ one or two days prior to the Big Day.
2. Apply Extra-Body Sculpting Foam® at roots for lift.
3. Create an off-center part (exposing the babylights), then blow-dry hair using a large round brush.
4. Pull back hair that frames the face and lightly spritz with Hold Me Tight™ Finishing Spray.
5. Spray Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray all over hair.
Day of the wedding…
1. Apply Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray onto hair and brush thoroughly with a 407 Styling Brush.
2. Part hair from ear to ear, sectioning at the nape of the neck and creating a ponytail. For a softer style, drape hair over ears. For additional holding power, spray Hold Me Tight™ Finishing Spray onto a comb and lightly comb the area.
3. Divide the ponytail into two sections. Take the lower half and brush it tightly from the nape of the neck to meet the top half of the ponytail in the middle of the head.
4. Loop the bottom section of hair around the top portion to create a “swirl” affect.
5. Secure the looped strands into place with bobby pins and use Shine Spray™ for added shine.
6. Set with Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray.
Take Up the Texture
Braids and tousled texture are totally romantic and pair perfectly with a laid-back bridal look. Give your brides’ hair some extra texture by either teasing or adding in waves before pulling it back. Allowing strands to loosely hang and frame the face will give the finished look a pretty, effortless vibe.
Rochelle Randall, award-winning hairstylist/barber and owner of Paul Mitchell® Focus Salon Popular Movement in Orange County, created this boho beautiful style. While Rochelle used hair extensions for her client, this look can be easily achieved on medium to long hair:
1. Detangle hair with a 427 Paddle Brush.
2. Spray Neuro® Protect HeatCTRL® Iron Hairspray to each section before curling with a 1″ Curling Iron.
3. After hair has been curled, start backcombing the top crown.
4. Take small sections at the front of the face and loosely twist them back, draping them lower towards the back of the head. Secure twists with bobby pins.
5. Gently tug out a few face-framing strands for a natural, lived-in look.
6. Lightly mist hair with Awapuhi Wild Ginger® Styling Treatment Oil® then brush curls with a Classic Dressing Brush for a tousled, relaxed look.
7. Use Awapuhi Wild Ginger® Finishing Spray™ and Awapuhi Wild Ginger® Shine Spray™ to complete the look.